Thứ Hai, 26 tháng 9, 2011

Leaked Xoom 2 details amaze the Internet

Over the weekend tech blogs went a little nuts about some Motorola Xoom 2 leaks. I saw 13 posts on the topic in my news feed and I'm sure there were others that I missed.


Now some of this is just the natural weekend news process. There isn't a lot going on and blogs all tend to pick up the same news and cross-report items like crazy.


But I don't see what the big fuss is, and I'm an Android fan. The Motorola Xoom wasn't really anything special in the world of tablets; it was just first. The leaked specs of this Xoom 2 aren't particularly impressive (this could change as further details emerge). There are two models, a 10" and an 8.2". They both have an unspecified dual-core processor and run Android 3.2. My favorite much-repeated spec is a thickness of 9mm, "just .2 mm thicker than an iPad 2."


So we're at a point where "It's only a little bit worse than an iPad 2" is worthy of praise? No wonder Android is struggling.


Personally, I'm at the point where I'm more or less done with being excited about this generation of Android tablets. The one exception is what Amazon has cooking. I am looking forward to what the company shows us on Wednesday: if it's an Android tablet it'll be interesting because of Amazon's infrastructure behind it. Other than that, please call me when a Tegra 3 (Kal El) or other quad-core device is ready to be shown off, or when Ice Cream Sandwich arrives on shipping hardware. All these other new tablets seem (on paper at least) pretty much the same as the tablets that started shipping last spring.


In the meanwhile, if you're more excited about a Xoom 2 than I am, This is my next seems to have broke the story, and Engadget has more details and some stunning images of the back of the things.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét